Data Protection Day 2020: In the digital world equipped with social media and Internet, anyone can easily access your personal life and privacy. In today’s modern time all important information is present in your phone, computer or laptop. On the one hand, while all this gives momentum to your life, on the other hand, a small omission makes this online data also a threat to you.
Today, in order to crosscheck this privacy once again, ‘Data Protection Day / Data Privacy Day’ is being celebrated all over the world. The Council of Europe began a data protection day celebrated on 28 January each year, the date on which the Data Protection Conference of Europe, known as the “Convention 108” ..
Today is an international effort to create awareness about the importance of information privacy, data security. This day encourages citizens to protect their personal information. Governments and national data protection institutions also undertake activities to raise awareness about the rights of personal data protection and privacy to this day.
Top 10 Way to Protect Your Data
1. You have to keep in mind that you use the latest software in your computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone at that time.
2. Regularly update your application for security fixes.
3. Use anti-malware software for security and protect personal data with encryption.
4. Use a password manager to control all your passwords so that you cannot use the same password twice. Also try to keep long passwords as it is not easy to break them ..
5. Keep in mind that location tracking is not always open in your phone.
6. Be careful about all the personal information you have entered on social media, including your birthday ..
7. Before reading or replying to a text message or email in the phone, check its source. There is a possibility of virus in it ..
8. Never use unsafe WiFi ..
9. Immediately enter your privacy settings on any new device (mobile, laptop, etc.).
10. Check your ATM, credit card, bank statement regularly. If you find anything suspicious, contact your bank immediately.